1. Book flight in advance : With the right planning and the optimum use of time, you can avail a good deal on airline tickets. All you need to do is to book flights well in advance (at least 30 days in advance). With your departure date coming nearer, the airfare tends to rise.
2. Go for budget airlines : Thanks to the increasing number of budget airlines, you can now travel to your favorite destination for cheap. If you are not a luxury-seeking traveler, flying in budget airlines is the right option for you.
3. Use reward points : Redeeming reward points can make your flight cheap.What can be more gratifying than paying for your airfare with points you have earned on your previous journeys. You just need to sign up for an airline reward program and earn points each time you travel.
4. Speak to a travel agent : It's true that online flight deals can get you a cheap flight, but there is also a high chance that a travel agent can find a better deal for you. Call center representatives have options to waive a few charges and customize the deal. All you need to do is to be patient while calling and you may end up getting an enticing airfare deal.
5. Be flexible with travel plans : You never know you can get better deals on online flight booking if you search for different dates. You can also avail better deals if you are flexible to change your destination. For instance, if you want to spend a holiday amidst serenity, you can choose another mountainous or beach destination in place of the one that has a high-ticket price.
6. Join a frequent flyer program : Several airlines run their frequent flyer program in which, you can earn points that can make you get cheaper tickets and upgrades. What's more! You can join these frequent flyer program for free. You must read the rules and regulations carefully before joining any frequent flyer program.
7. Subscribe to email notifications : Reading every email that lands in your inbox is certainly a tiring job. However, by reading the mail that talks about saving your hard-earned money on flight tickets can be worthy. Through subscribing to email notifications and newsletters, you can get frequent information on deals and book accordingly.
8. Try paying in a different currency :It is a hack used by very few. Many a time, you can get tickets in cheap just by paying the airfare in a different currency. You should try paying in a different currency in which you find the tickets cheap.
9. Book with different airlines : Return flights are undoubtedly convenient and cheaper options. But there are chances that if you search for flights offered by other airlines- and be a tad flexible about the time- you can get a low-fare flight.